SwiftUI DocumentGroup equivalent for UIDocumentBrowserViewController's additionalLeadingNavigationBarButtonItems, additionalTrailingNavigationBarButtonItems and customActions?

DocumentGroup and UIDocumentBrowserViewController similarly are both the entry point into your app. In macOS you have the menu bar where you can put document-independent functionality, but on iPadOS the only way I am aware of is to add buttons to the document browser's toolbar. Is there an equivalent to UIDocumentBrowserViewController's additionalLeadingNavigationBarButtonItems and additionalTrailingNavigationBarButtonItems when using DocumentGroup?

For example, say you have a document-based app with a subscription and user account. In order to meet the account deletion requirement you can add an Account Settings button using additionalTrailingNavigationBarButtonItems (and to the menu bar in macOS)...but where does this type of functionality belong when using DocumentGroup? Requiring a user to open or create a document before they can sign out or delete their account doesn't seem like the right solution, nor does it seem like it would meet the requirements to "Make the account deletion option easy to find in your app", so I hope I'm just missing something.

Also related, we use customActions to allow users to save existing documents as templates. Is there a way to do this with DocumentGroup?

TIA!