Game porting toolkit build error

I followed the instruction from this page

https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Game_Porting_Toolkit#Game_compatibility_list

to install the toolkit. Everything worked fine until I ran the command brew -v install apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit. It threw the following error:

Error: apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit 1.0 did not build
Logs:
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/00.options.out
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/wine64-build
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure.cc
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/02.make.cc
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure
     /Users/user_name/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/02.make
Do not report this issue to Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core!

Error: You are using macOS 14.
We do not provide support for this pre-release version.
It is expected behaviour that some formulae will fail to build in this pre-release version.
It is expected behaviour that Homebrew will be buggy and slow.
Do not create any issues about this on Homebrew's GitHub repositories.
Do not create any issues even if you think this message is unrelated.
Any opened issues will be immediately closed without response.
Do not ask for help from Homebrew or its maintainers on social media.
You may ask for help in Homebrew's discussions but are unlikely to receive a response.
Try to figure out the problem yourself and submit a fix as a pull request.
We will review it but may or may not accept it.

Did anyone have the same issue and found a fix for it?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of billzhou Down vote post of billzhou
22k views
  • I have this error:

Error: No available formula with the name "game-porting-toolkit". zsh: no such file or directory: /bin/wine64

I can't find a way to solve

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue here I guess we need to still waiting for a solution or update

Same here. Trying to downgrade Xcode to Beta 2

Downgrading to Beta 2 does work for me

I faced this problem when trying to set up Game Porting Toolkit based on instructions here: https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Game_Porting_Toolkit earlier today. I am on macOS 14 (Sonoma) Beta 3.

I got pretty much the same error as everyone else on this thread. Following @Rukosenpa 's instructions worked for me. I installed only the command line tools for XCode 15 beta 3, not full XCode IDE. Here are the steps I took:

sudo su -
cd /Library/Developer
rm -rf CommandLineTools

After this, I did a reboot of my mac, and downloaded/installed XCode command line tools Beta 2 from here: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/

Finally I did: brew -v install apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit and it worked.

• It didn't work for me, I did everything as written, but alas

• Did you remember to reboot after removing the Command Line Tools? If not - please repeat the steps again, this time, rebooting after removing the command line tools.

• Same here, I think I did everything well even the reboot but I still got the error. Did you delete the files which were already compiled and start a fresh new installation ?

same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to fix?????????????

So, for me installing 1.0.2 was successful once I downgraded Xcode down to beta 2 and reinstall command line tools with the same version. Then reboot and brew upgrade went ok. Once done I downloaded actual blob with game porting toolkit from dev site and copied the libs into wine. Worked like a charm.

Yesterday I noticed that 1.0.3 appeared in brew. I initiated the upgrade and faced the same issue during make. I tested different Xcode versions and make && make install succeeded under Xcode and command line tools beta 5. But... there is no 1.0.3 blob in dev site yet :) So now wine can't find GPU because libs are from different versions. Need to wait until devs shared the latest game porting toolkit blob. It's a bit strange that resource exposure is out of sync.

Xcode 15 beta 3 and newer (including the current beta 5) fails to link certain x86_64 objects. It also fails to link libbass and friends from un4seen.com, unless they are built to target macOS 10.6 or newer. The current public distributions of those are built with Xcode 8 and target 10.5 or newer. The same problem may apply to code built with non-Xcode versions of GCC or Clang. This appears to be a regression in Xcode, which I have reported as FB 12698037. Though they may just close it as intentional behavior, in which case, say goodbye to compatibility for who knows how long.

In case anyone is still having this problem:

I don't know what causes this, but it in fact relates to the version of the beta. Although my build is not done, the error with segaddr certainly didn't persist. In Xcode 15 Beta 6's Release Notes there is a bug fix in the linker mentioned: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-15-release-notes#Build-System

Since Xcode 15 includes changes to the linker, this is probably linked (pun intended), to these changes.

Are you all using x86 shell to do this and installing rosetta2 using brew? you can't use ARM anything with GPTK builds and can't use arm arch. Incase it wasn't mentioned.

I am having some issues finding out why my game wont load, I don't see any debug commands for GPTK, do wine debug terms apply here? I try to use this in terminal and get no reports.

% export WINEDEBUG=+all % gameportingtoolkit ~/my-game-prefix /Users/imac/my-game-prefix/drive_c/(my game)

Nothing happens and the game returns with a generation error. I think this has to do with a dll trying to find CPU id. But I have no idea where to bypass this or how to even start debugging it. Any ideas?

This is still broken on: Mac OS 14.3.1 (23D60) Mac Book Pro (16-inch, Nov 2023) M3 Max Following the Read Me.rtf steps for Game Proting Toolkit-1.1.

At this step • Install the game-porting-toolkit formula. This formula downloads and compiles several large software projects. How long this takes will depend on the speed of your computer. brew -v install apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit

Error: apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit 1.1 did not build Logs: /Users/jonathan/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/00.options.out /Users/jonathan/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure /Users/jonathan/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure.cc /Users/jonathan/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/02.make /Users/jonathan/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/wine64-build If reporting this issue please do so to (not Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core): apple/apple

It seems most unfortunate the default Read Me steps fail. I did try the next step if there was an error but the same error issue occured.

•	If during installation you see an error such as “Error: game-porting-toolkit: unknown or unsupported macOS version: :dunno”, your version of Homebrew doesn’t have macOS Sonoma support. Update to the latest version of Homebrew and try again.

brew update
brew -v install apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit

Someone from Apple responsible for Game Toolkit should probably take a look at this.

try common line tool for Xcode 15.0, it works on mine

Check that you have an x86_64 compatible version of Python. If you get an error when you try to run python3 --version from an x86_64 shell, try redownloading it from the official site.