Remove GIT Repository From Xcode

In Xcode MyProject shows 2 GIT repositories, Apple and MyProject. I am using the MyProject repository and I don't know how the Apple repository got there and I can't delete it from within Xcode or from the command line. My project is in /Users/username/Apps/MyProject. I found that if I move MyProject to any other folder and open it, the Apple repository is gone. So, somehow Xcode is associating this Apple repository only with the /Users/uername/Apps/MyProject location. Can anybody tell me where Xcode might be storing information that the Apple repository belongs in MYProject only when it's in the /Users/username/Apps/MyProject folder so I can get rid of it?

Accepted Reply

I found an old .git folder 2 levels up from where my project .git folder is (the path to my project in my post was made up). I'm not sure why it was there but I'm sure it isn't needed. I deleted it and now the Apple repository is gone, so my problem is solved. Not sure why Xcode was picking up something from a .git folder 2 levels up from my project.

Replies

I found an old .git folder 2 levels up from where my project .git folder is (the path to my project in my post was made up). I'm not sure why it was there but I'm sure it isn't needed. I deleted it and now the Apple repository is gone, so my problem is solved. Not sure why Xcode was picking up something from a .git folder 2 levels up from my project.