How to setup this two entitlements on Xcode

Hi Team, What are the steps to setup this two entitlements on XCode. Im supporting iOS 13 or later (XCode 14.3.1)

com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit com.apple.multitasking.systemmappassertions

Could you please send me a tutorial or a link

Thanks in advance

Guillermo

Accepted Reply

Hi Willy! So these are the steps you have to do:

Open your Xcode project. In the Project Navigator, select the target for your project. Navigate to the "Signing & Capabilities" tab. Look for the "Capabilities" section and expand it. Click on the "+" button to add a new capability. In the search bar, type Background Modes and select it from the options. This will enable the com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit entitlement. Next, click on the "+" button again to add another capability. In the search bar, type App Sandbox and select it from the options. This will enable the com.apple.multitasking.systemmappassertions entitlement. Xcode will automatically add these capabilities to your entitlements file and enable them for your app. (If needed, you can further customize the entitlements by expanding the added capabilities and adjusting their options.)

I hope my explanation helps you set up the entitlements in Xcode successfully. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask:)

• AppSanBox doent appears on xcode 15, i already have the background modes enabled for my app, its a shame this forum doesnt allows images, biggest company in the world and can't affort to allow upload images to your forum to get better asistance

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi Willy! So these are the steps you have to do:

Open your Xcode project. In the Project Navigator, select the target for your project. Navigate to the "Signing & Capabilities" tab. Look for the "Capabilities" section and expand it. Click on the "+" button to add a new capability. In the search bar, type Background Modes and select it from the options. This will enable the com.apple.runningboard.assertions.webkit entitlement. Next, click on the "+" button again to add another capability. In the search bar, type App Sandbox and select it from the options. This will enable the com.apple.multitasking.systemmappassertions entitlement. Xcode will automatically add these capabilities to your entitlements file and enable them for your app. (If needed, you can further customize the entitlements by expanding the added capabilities and adjusting their options.)

I hope my explanation helps you set up the entitlements in Xcode successfully. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask:)

• AppSanBox doent appears on xcode 15, i already have the background modes enabled for my app, its a shame this forum doesnt allows images, biggest company in the world and can't affort to allow upload images to your forum to get better asistance

Add a Comment

Hi Thanks for the quick response. We have another question. We are not available to add App Sandbox on Capabilities . Should I need to add another Capabilities for com.apple.multitasking.systemmappassertions entitlement.

Hi again, so if you are unable to add the "App Sandbox" capability in Xcode, you can add the "Background Modes" capability instead. Enable the "Audio, AirPlay, and Picture in Picture" option within the "Background Modes" capability to grant the necessary entitlement for "com.apple.multitasking.systemappassertions" (make sure to follow Apple's guidelines for using background modes and entitlements).

Add a Comment

i already have those enabled and i receive the errors on XCODE 15