Xcode Beta Generating Errors with simple TextField

I'm trying to use the 1st Beta of Xcode 15 with macOS Ventura 13.4. I've downloaded the link with Safari, unzipped, and then opened the iOS_17_beta_Simulator_Runtime.dmg and copied over the file "iOS 17.0.simruntime" to the requested spot: //Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/ There was a security flag when first opening Xcode, but I closed Xcode, opened Security preferences & fixed this, rebooting the Mac before re-opening Xcode again, just to be sure. The security issue goes away. BUT when trying to run very basic code using a TextField (see image below), it does not work in the LivePreview and when run in the simulator, as soon as I click in the textfield, I see the info below (Metadata from Debug pane: copied & pasted) `

Error for queryMetaDataSync: 2

Type: Error | Timestamp: 2023_06_07 10:22:41.3230-04:00 | Library: DataDeliveryServices | Subsystem: com.apple.DataDeliveryServices | Category: Query | TID: 0x3659 Unsupported action selector setShiftStatesNeededInDestination:autoShifted:shiftLocked: Type: Error | Timestamp: 2023_06_07 10:22:41.4790-04:00 | Library: UIKitCore | Subsystem: com.apple.UIKit | Category: UIKeyboardImpl | TID: 0x3478 `

The code works fine on prior versions of Xcode. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this? Anyone else seeing this behavior? I have filed an error. I've deleted the Xcode beta & have attempted the reinstall with XcodesApp & twice more again using Safari. Same behavior. Thanks!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gallaugher Down vote post of gallaugher
2.2k views

Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue, but have found that certain devices, like "iPhone 14" work, while others like "iPhone 14 Pro" do not. In the Xcode 15 Canvas, change the device that it runs the preview on from "Automatic" to "iPhone 14". Or, you can use the feature of the Canvas to run the preview on a connected device where the TextFields do work.

• A clarification: while "iPhone 14" works in the Canvas, it still doesn't seem to work in the simulator. Instead, try using "iPhone SE (3rd generation" in the simulator, which is working for me, at least.

Add a Comment

I ran into the same thing today. Nothing seemed to work for me and I had to go back to Xcode 14.3.1. Seems like it might be a bug in the beta version.