Xcode 15 - can't build/run: Provisioning profile missing capabilities

I tried building and running our application with the new Xcode 15.0 beta (15A5160n)

The build fails with the following message: Provisioning profile "REDACTED" doesn't support the Access Wi-Fi Information, Hotspot Configuration, and Push Notifications capability.

However none of those capabilities are new, they are part of the profile and I was just able to build the project with Xcode 14 before.

I already tried reloading the profiles but that does not help. Automatic Signing is disabled for our project.

Replies

I am having the same issue. I have re-generated all my provisioning profiles but they are still flagged as "Missing capabilities" in Xcode 15 (15A5160n). Everything builds just fine on Xcode 14 and these capabilities are correctly referenced when I look at the provisioning profiles in the Apple Developer portal.

What seems to have helped was closing the project in Xcode 15, Opening in Xcode 14, building there and then switching back to Xcode 15. Now I seem to be able to build and run from Xcode 15 to my iOS 17 Beta device!

• I am not sure it's the correct answer.

Check: Xcode -> Settings -> Locations -> Command Line Tools.

If Xcode 15.0 is selected the problem will still be there

• Just tried building in Xcode 14 then switch back to Xcode 15, it didn't solve the issue on my side unfortunately.

Add a Comment

maybe I found the right article and I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done:

https://developer.apple.com/help/account/reference/provisioning-with-managed-capabilities/

Could you send us a bug report with your project file, entitlements file, and provisioning profile attached? Respond with the feedback report number and we'll take a look!

FYI, There’s a bug number on the related thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Out of curiosity, is anyone encountering this issue using Fastlane Match to handle their code signing?

I am asking this because a similar problem has been reported on the Fastlane repository: https://github.com/fastlane/fastlane/issues/21325

I have the same issue on my Mac Studio M2, however everything is ok on another Mac Mini M2. Both use the same macOS 13.4.1, the same Xcode 15 beta, and even the same provisioning profiles.

This issue seems to be fixed for me in Xcode 15 beta 3 (15A5195k)

Add a Comment