<!--[if gt Safari 15]> … <![endif]--> ␃ ⁇

Sorry, my english is poor. So I just want to show up a minimalistic example. Get your rulers and try to find the distances!

&lt;html>
  &lt;body>
    &lt;div style="min-width: 20cm, max-width: 20cm; height: 10cm; background-color: red;">who’s the liar –  your ruler or your computer?&lt;&#x2F;div>
  &lt;&#x2F;body>
&lt;&#x2F;html>

BTW: the title here is whispering something like „IE“? That’s past! Now this is the update?

Replies

Sorry for that. The real bug is done by the creators of “CSS pixels”. And some guy, who said, it is not possible, to figure out the real pixel size. Another one did say sth. like “you can asume 95dpi – or the real sizes” So: why not the return of the pixel-layout? Ok, now you have to use an unknown factor (the users display dimensions), so no one knows, what dimensions should be shown. Not the CSS-pixler, either the user. STOP: a printing device must know it! It has some magical inside, knowing how to beam CSS-pixels to paper. Printing devices must reproduce physical dimensions …

Ooops, I know another magical! With OS X 10.3 (AFAIR) and, again, with iOS Ventura 13.3 (or 13.2?) preview is able to show PDFs in a nearby perfect size! Damn… preview must use CSS-pixels too!!!