CloudKit update notifications stopped working

I have an application in development mode. The application uses CKSubscription to get notified on changes on the server, configured for all three options: create, update, delete. Everything was working fine but just today I have discovered the application does not receive notifications on record updates, the create and delete notifications are still working. The susbcription types are set correctly for all three options as I checked on the dashboard and the application is registered for CKSubscription as it was a couple of days ago when it was working like charm, I have not changed anything in my code. I am not getting any errors from CloudKit. The reset of development environment did not help. Any idea what might be causing this issue, what else should I check / try?

Replies

I filed a bug (21895906) too.

+1 - Not sure why this basic functionality keeps breaking 😟

I'm addressing the same issue.

CKSubscriptions are not firing!!!

I have a collection named "Item" with a field "users" (list of References).

I have a CKReference in users, with action .None.

Then from the Cloud Dashboard, I tick on action .DeleteSelf, save the record, no subscription was fired.

I change the record from .DeleteSelf back to .None, save the record, subscription was fired.

However, if useless, because the app dosn't work in that way.

I'm expecting the notification on the first update, because the reference is always with CKReferenceAction.None.

I just wanted to point out that's a CloudKit bug. Let's wait for a fix... 😮

Satisfy one's curiosity, are your CKSubscritio's predicates involving a CKReference?

In my case, RecordZone notifications are also not working

+ 1

I'm not getting the Delete notification (I have not tried Edit). Also sometimes I am getting multiple notifications for 1 event. Ex: I delete an object from Dashboard and I am getting 5 notifications in the same device... I've restarted the container but error persists... Very frustrating, I come from CD + iCloud death and the alternative is not working properly!

Exact same problem here. Bug reporter told it was a duplicate of another ticket, then I found this post.

Works fine on record creation, delete, etc, but record updates stopped working about a month ago.

I'm hoping they get it fixed soon, it's bad for the app reviews and users are complaining already.

In my case they are not working in any case (insert, update, delete), but on another collection they are working on insertion.

The code is very simply, it's not my fault 😠

I want to add that .DeleteSelf is not working...

When I delete the parent object, all the childrens with a CKReference (.DeleteSelf) to the parent, are not deleted.

It seems that CloudKit is not ready for production... Is there any Apple's engineer reading us? What we have to do?

Same here duplicate of 21677209

Yep, they have updated my report on Apple Bug Reporter with:

Duplicate of 21677209 (Open)

No updates/solutions from them yet? I've sent a tremendous amount of time trying to find what was wrong. Only to realize the issue was beyond my domain.

Aren't updates notifications here working either? I've subscribed for updates/replies notifications from here but haven't received any.

I was contacted from Engineering days ago, they are still investigating. I gave them some new info about the issue.

Thanks Progeny for the update. Interestingly, after yesterday's ITC blackout, today CloudKit started to spit new Query ERROR: <CKError 0x17024cfc0: "Internal Error" (1/4000); "Couldn't get a signing certificate"> errors. I hope it's temporary and will be fixed soon as nothing was changed on my side.

I found out the reason why I wasn't receiving updates from here. The settings are buried so very deep and the UX is not good in iTunes Connect in general as it is in the iTunes desktop app. Takes great willingness and much patience to learn it. Not related to the issue though.