How long does the review for the Contact Notes Entitlement take?

Hi,

about three weeks ago I requested the Contact Notes Field Access Entitlement, so that my macOS app can continue to access notes under Ventura and later. Does anyone know how long it usually takes until the request is processed? It is about three weeks now and I am getting a bit nervous...

For the request I filled out the form here: https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/contact-note-field

I didn't get any email and only the "Thank you, don't call us, we will call you" style message on the forms website... Is that how it is supposed to work? Is there any way to track the request?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

Entitlement processing times vary wildly based on the entitlement being requested. I’m not involved in the Contact Note field approval process, so I don’t have any concrete info to share on that front.

Is there any way to track the request?

No. Currently this is all done using email )-: Normally I’d suggest that you file a bug for a tracking mechanism but, in this case, I can assure you that the folks involved already understand the need for this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks a lot, @eskimo! Knowing that people are aware and that longer wait times are normal already helps. :-)

Add a Comment

Replies

Entitlement processing times vary wildly based on the entitlement being requested. I’m not involved in the Contact Note field approval process, so I don’t have any concrete info to share on that front.

Is there any way to track the request?

No. Currently this is all done using email )-: Normally I’d suggest that you file a bug for a tracking mechanism but, in this case, I can assure you that the folks involved already understand the need for this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks a lot, @eskimo! Knowing that people are aware and that longer wait times are normal already helps. :-)

Add a Comment