After Last Xcode Update (14.3 14E222b) I am no longer able to archive my app

A few days ago, I updated to a new XCode version. I am trying to upload a new version of my dictionary app. Despite the app continues to work on iPhone and iPad emulator and on my MacBook air without any problems, archiving fails, with errors like:

"Showing Recent Messages

PhaseScriptExecution [CP]\ Embed\ Pods\ Frameworks /Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSo zluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/TDSozluk.build/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.build/Script-230E8AB192F5AF3BFB41DCB3.sh (in target 'Cevirdic.biz' from project 'TDSozluk')

cd /Users/****/Documents/xcode\ tutorials/TDSozluk

/bin/sh -c /Users/***Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/TDSozluk.build/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.build/Script-230E8AB192F5AF3BFB41DCB3.sh

mkdir -p /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks

Symlinked...

rsync --delete -av --filter P ..?????? --links --filter "- CVS/" --filter "- .svn/" --filter "- .git/" --filter "- .hg/" --filter "- Headers" --filter "- PrivateHeaders" --filter "- Modules" "../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" "/Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks"

building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/Users/****/Documents/xcode tutorials/TDSozluk/../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" failed: No such file or directory (2)

done

sent 29 bytes received 20 bytes 98.00 bytes/sec

total size is 0 speedup is 0.00

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/97f6331a-ba75-11ed-a4bc-863efbbaf80d/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9] Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code mkdir -p /Users/**/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks Symlinked... rsync --delete -av --filter P ..?????? --links --filter "- CVS/" --filter "- .svn/" --filter "- .git/" --filter "- .hg/" --filter "- Headers" --filter "- PrivateHeaders" --filter "- Modules" "../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" "/Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks" building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/Users/altan/Documents/xcode tutorials/TDSozluk/../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" failed: No such file or directory (2) done sent 29 bytes received 20 bytes 98.00 bytes/sec total size is 0 speedup is 0.00 rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/97f6331a-ba75-11ed-a4bc-863efbbaf80d/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9] Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code"

I don't know if the problem arises from something I did but despite I did everything I could find online (like reinstalling cocoapods, uninstalling them, defining the google modules expilitly, etc.) I am failing with flying colors. Since I cannot archive the app I cannot upload it to the store. What should I do?

TIA

P.S. After the first version of the app (which I successfully archived and published) I changed its app/module name from TDSozluk to Cevirdic.biz. However this caused no complications till the latest XCode update and I WAS able to archive and upload many (about 5) updates of the newly named app (ie cevirdic.biz.

• It works when copy "arc" folder to "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/"

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

There is an issue with Cocoapods now, because Xcode 14.3 is now using a relative path in its symlink for frameworks.

Either wait for release of Cocoapods version 1.12.1 or make this simple change in your Pods-APPNAME-frameworks.sh file:

Replace:

if [ -L "${source}" ]; then
    echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink "${source}")"
  fi

with:

if [ -L "${source}" ]; then
    echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"
  fi

Note that -f was added.

• Since I am a noob on MacOs platform would you please elaborate where/how to find that shell script file too? Despite I find myself quite savvy with linux platforms, I cannot come to grips with MacOs. Thank you!....

• Never mind I have found it. It is in the project folder. Just search/find files starting with "Pod-" and you will find it. However since I am senior(ish) citizen, I have difficulty using this tiny screened MacBook Air. If I can afford a new one I will buy a giant Mac. Now I will try to test your solution.

• work for me thanks! 🫶🏻

Replies

If you are using cocoapods, they already fixed it in master, but have not released an update yet. You can install version from master using:

gem install specific_install
gem specific_install -l https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods.git

You saved my day! thanks

Two possible solutions to CocoaPods breaking with Xcode 14.3 (it is due to Path change in Xcode)

1. change the script in CocoaPods as noted above

2. download Xcode 14.2 and use it until the new revision of CocoaPods is available

Did anyone find solutions for this problem I am getting this kind of error while I am archived my app.

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/97f6331a-ba75-11ed-a4bc-863efbbaf80d/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9] Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

Hello, I'm working on a project with react native. When try to build I have this error: "Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code"

I've tried all solutions from this thread but error is not fixed. I've tried also to build with xcode 14.2, but same error. I've tried to add -f to readlink, same error I've tried to install cocoapods gem from master branch, same error. I'm blocked now. Can anyone help me with this?

• Same problem here

Add a Comment

That works! Thank you so much - I couldn't have figured this out - you are a genius.

Same problems here.

1. React native repo can't see react native views - white pages
  2. Git credential manager - auth window keeps prompting up to sign in

Had the same issue.

.... some files could not be transferred (code 23) .......

and yeah, it was an issue on the cocoapods framework. On the latest release, they fixed it and now works!

https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods/releases/tag/1.12.1

To fix this problem, just update the cocoapods version. Xcode 14.3 : cocoapods 1.12.1.

Kindly help how to fixed this issue while releasing new version of framework to Cocoapod.

EnablexWebRTC (1.0.2) - ERROR | [iOS] unknown: Encountered an unknown error ([!] /usr/bin/curl -f -L -o /var/folders/mv/vjq48h6s349c4scqf3_9r89r0000gn/T/d20230509-5698-9vakf9/file.zip https://www.enablex.io/httpdocs/developer/wp-content/uploads/EnablexWebRTC_1.0.2.zip --create-dirs --netrc-optional --retry 2 -A 'CocoaPods/1.12.1 cocoapods-downloader/1.6.3'

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0 curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 ) during validation.

Analyzed 1 podspec.

[!] The spec did not pass validation, due to 1 error.

This is my new version of library - EnablexWebRTC I need to upload another version and facing this above issue.

• Even I have 1.12.1 Cocoapod version install in my system (Mac M1 chip) with Xcode 14.3

Add a Comment

Has cocoapod already solved the problem ? or do you still have to make that modification ?

As noted, the problem is with CocoaPods. They just released a new version of CocoaPods 1.12.1 that fixes the problem so you don't need to hack your *-frameworks.sh script.

Thanks for the solution it's working fine, but what if in One project if we have more than 20 targets so i have to replace every Target do you have any other solutions for this,please let me know.

I updated CocoaPods 1.12.1 & that -f was added but still didnt work. How i can run build please help

• Did you figure this out? I updated CocoaPods 1.12.1 too but still no luck

Add a Comment

I have cocoapods 1.12.1, xcode 14.3.1 and I still have the problem. The .sh file already looks like the accepted answer here, yet I still have the error. My app is generated from react native. Any other ideas? (Cleaned build folder so many times already)

• Same here My Cocoapods version is 1.12.1 and Xcode 14.3.1 and I am getting similar error in 2 of my projects. please let me know if you find any solution.

Add a Comment