xcode new build system errors can't find header files?

my understanding is that header file search paths (-I options) go directly to the compiler command lines. so: why when i switch to the new build system am i suddenly getting header file path errors (cant find various header files)? does any one have any documentation on how the new build system affects the header file search paths?

Replies

FYI as a temp patch we added some script lines to copy *.h files to where the build wants to look for them based on analyzing the build output Compile steps that were failing. and there was one case where we added a couple of extra header paths manually to the RNSVG module Xcode proj file.

unfortunately, with the yarn package manager and the cocoapods package manager working simultaneously, it is not obvious where the header paths need to be modified. this, coupled with module maintainers sometimes changing project folder structures in a breaking manner = trouble. we havent figured out why the new build system would not respect the same header path rules as the old build system. that is also non obvious.