XCode 14.2 breaks with iOS 16.4

Hello. today 03-29-2023 after updates: iPhone13mini iOS 16.4 MacBook M2 Ventura 13.3 Xcode 14.2===> "iPhone failed to prepare the device for development." :-(

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of America3D Down vote post of America3D
12k views
  • Same here, I did remove phone from the Xcode devices, laptop reboot, iPhone reboot, with cable or no cable (over the network), all of that didn't help.

• See post from @jimpanse

• I have the same problem ! when we gone have the new release to be able to deploy again ????

Replies

Xcode 14.3 available in AppStore

let me understand, is it ONLY compatible with macOS 13 or higher? and who, like me, has an air from 2015 can't work anymore?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of AE01 Down vote reply of AE01
  • no good.

• Completely unacceptable. And, there wasn’t any warning that I was aware of. My development was proceeding just fine until a few days ago on my Intel-based iMac. Now, I’m dead in the water since my iOS devices are all upgraded to 16.4.1. Not everyone can afford to spend $2k+ on the latest hardware every year. Apple should rectify this problem with Xcode 14.3 and provide at least a years notice on obsolescence. Disappointed.

Just in time Xcode 14.3 came out yesterday.

Not in the app store ATM but you can download here https://developer.apple.com/download/all/?q=xcode

Same thing, tried updated to Xcode 14.3 but sadly MAUI is not working with Xcode 14.3( Had to downgrade to 14.2, now only can use emulators

If the latest version available in the package contents of the latest Xcode, try at least copying the latest one and renaming it. I just did that with 16.5 (renamed from the latest 16.4) and it works on Xcode 14.2.

I just copied the latest version found in DeviceSupport folder and renamed it to 16.4/16.5/16.6/16.7 and it worked. I am using Xcode 14.2 (14C18)

HTH