tvOS removed from Xcode after any refresh of Xcode

I'm using Xcode 14.2 and installing the tvOS simulator 16.1. After installation I am able to see a preview of the app when developing with SwiftUI. However, if the computer goes to sleep, when it wakes up Xcode will indicate in the preview pane that "tvOS 16.1 Not Installed".

In the Xcode settings dialog, under the Platforms list, "tvOS 16.1 Simulator" is shown as installed but another line shows "tvOS 16.1" as not downloaded with the "GET" button available to download it.

If I "GET" the "tvOS 16.1", when the download completes Xcode complains that there is already a duplicate installed and the preview pane still shows that "tvOS 16.1 Not Installed". If I first delete the "tvOS 16.1 Simulator" from the platforms list (the one that looks OK) and then download "tvOS 16.1", the installation works and I can see the preview of my app again. Until the next time the computer sleeps. Then I have to repeat the download and installation again.

On a side note, waking from sleep seems to take this computer a long time (M2 MacBook Pro 16"). My graphite ****** seat MacBook from 2001 was near instant to wake from sleep (just saying even 20 years ago this was figured out on OS X), but this laptop will show a black screen for 20-30 seconds after opening the lid. Makes me wonder if there are just a host of issues related to sleep now.