Xcode 14.2 missing Device Support for iOS 16.4 beta

Downloaded and installed iOS 16.4 beta and trying to recompile app projects using Xcode 14.2 on macOS Monterey.

Getting error message: 'Failed to prepare the device for development. This operation can fail if the version of the OS on the device is incompatible with the installed version of Xcode. You may also need to restart your Mac and device in order to correctly detect compatibility.'

Unable to download Xcode 14.3 beta for testing because it requires macOS Ventura 13.0 or later.

Do not have a current Mac device available to install macOS13.

Will there be a revision to Xcode 14.2 to enable compilations and testing of apps using devices running the iOS 16.4 releases?

Does anyone know? Please advise. Thank you.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of DJHarter Down vote post of DJHarter
4.6k views

Replies

Having exactly the same issue... does anyone know when we should expect support to follow?

I don't understand this Apple strategy of leaving us halfway, letting at least XCode 14.x work with Intel.

Not all of us can invest for now in an M1/M2, but with our efforts we will reach it. I feel extorted, and I didn't want to change the course of development language but unfortunately there is family involved.

I'm sorry for you too.

I met the same problem, so much inconvenient, and curious how Apple works in progress for this since my project is depended on this.

Any solution so far? I'm facing the same issue.

I met the same problem, so currently I download Xcode 14.3 (Although it is Release Candidate)

Add a Comment

I am facing the same problem here, but luckily I didn't install iOS 16.4 yet. I have an old mac and I can't install Mac OS Ventura. I'd like to know if it's possible to use an iPhone running iOS 16.4 as testing device with Xcode 14.2. I don't want to update and then find out that I can't use Xcode 14.2 with a device running iOS 16.4. Any suggestion?

Hi team,

I am facing the same issue as you. I have updated the iPhone device to iOS 16.4 and MacOS to Ventura 13.3 but the Xcode is still in version 14.2 which blocks the execution of my app on the real device.

Do you know if there is any workaround on this, until the Xcode 14.3 is officially released?

Thanks, Nikos

Just updated my iphone 13 and now I can't develop on it. I also only have xcode 14.2 and the app store says 14.3 is available but only for macOS 13 or later. Apparently os 13 is not supported on 2015 MBP.

This is absolutely terrible. XCode needs to continue support on os 12 for a good while longer. Even MS has enough sense to slowly let developers catch up for a couple years after a breaking update.

• I'm in the exact same boat. My iPhone 13 is running 16.4.1 which is not recognized my my 2015 MBP running Xcode 14.2. HELP!!!! I'm dead in the water.

Add a Comment