Where is the iOS 16.3 SDK? If I were missing it, where would I get it?

I have macOS 13.2 and Xcode 14.2 installed, and no updates are presenting themselves, but it seems I only have the iOS 16.2 SDK. 16.3 was released 1/23/2023 and my iPhone updated to it at some point, and now I can't deploy to it because it's ahead of the SDK that my Mac has. Am I missing something obvious here? What's going on?

Answered by Scott in 743749022

There isn’t always a new SDK for every OS release. From the user-facing release notes, it sounds like 16.3 doesn’t have any new APIs that would require a new SDK.

And the developer-facing release notes for 16.3 says this:

The iOS & iPadOS 16.2 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone and iPad running iOS & iPadOS 16.3.

Accepted Answer

There isn’t always a new SDK for every OS release. From the user-facing release notes, it sounds like 16.3 doesn’t have any new APIs that would require a new SDK.

And the developer-facing release notes for 16.3 says this:

The iOS & iPadOS 16.2 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone and iPad running iOS & iPadOS 16.3.

There must have been something else wrong because I can deploy to my phone now. Great. Software is not madness.

After upgrading iPad from 16.2 to 16.3.1, Xcode is behaving weirdly when I connect the iPad: most of the time, the iPad is listed in "Unavailable Devices" as "iPad (unsupported OS version)". I tried many times, and only 1 time my iPad was recognised normally by Xcode and I managed to deploy my app on it. But now Xcode lists it again as "iPad (unsupported OS version)" and I'm stuck again...

I am having the same problem with 16.3.1, I can't deploy to it with xcode 13.4.1. some help would be much appreciated without a mac os upgrade!

same issue with Iphone 1 model MLMn3LL/A ISO 16.3.1

XCODE says unsupported OS Version

issue fix after upgrading mac os and use latest xcode

Xcode 14.2 MacOs 13.2.1

No iOS 16.3 I can't build on my iPhone 16.3

I have same issue with my appleTV tvOS 16.3 and the only solution so far is to test my work using the Xcode 14.3 beta version until they make a final version of it , it do support tvOS 16.4

[https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-14_3-release-notes)

Where is the iOS 16.3 SDK? If I were missing it, where would I get it?

Q