SFAuthorizationPluginView's inherited controls remain on screen after successful login.

Our team is working on an Authorization Plugin that includes a UI as well, thus it works by creating a subclass of SFAuthorizationPluginView.

Some of our users have reported that controls remain on the screen for a period of time even after a successful login. As shown in the attached screenshot, the native, inherited controls are the ones that remain on the screen, our plugin's controls disappear immediately.

What I did to investigate this issue further, is that I checked the very basic Apple-provided example (modified by the community to bypass its issues): https://github.com/antoinebell/NameAndPassword

Our users reported the exact same behavior once more. Inherited native controls (the back, forward buttons, the bottom 3 buttons <restart, sleep...>) all remained on the screen for a significant amount of time, even after the PluginDestroy and MechanismDestroy functions have been called.

I would like to get confirmation on whether this is indeed an Apple-side issue or if anyone else have met this problem. I as a developer failed to replicate it, but users reported a 100% reproduction rate. Their setup was:

• Mac Mini (M1, 2020)
  • macOS Monterey version 12.6 (later they reported the same behavior with macOS Ventura 13.0 and 13.1 as well)

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/008--bn6TlDACoimvINZYTAkQ#login%5Fscreen%5Fissue

I’ve seen this problem myself. I suspect that there’s a way to work around this but I’ve not yet had a chance to dig into it in depth. I recommend that you open a DTS tech support incident about this; that’ll allow me to allocate the time to investigate it properly.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I have seen this was well. Please post an update when one is available. Thank you!

The one thing we’ve found so far is that this seems to be tied to a multi-monitor setup. With a single monitor I can’t reproduce the problem. With multiple monitors, and specifically an external monitor that mirrors my laptop’s internal display, I can reproduce it fairly frequently.

Does that match your experience?

This recent discovery means I’m going to retract my earlier statement of “I suspect that there’s a way to work around this”. My current guess is that there’s no good way to work around this, but I’m still working the issue so that might change (again :-).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

SFAuthorizationPluginView's inherited controls remain on screen after successful login.

Q