Export of model preview broken? CreateML and Xcode

Im on the recent version of MacOs and I recently trained a Style Transfer model using CreateML.

I used the preview tab of CreateML to preview my model with a video (as well as an image), however when I press the button to export or share the result from the neural network none are exported. The modal window appears but doesnt save after the progress bar shows up for the conversion

I tried converting the CoreML model file into a CoreML package, however when I tried exporting the preview it crashed and switched tabs to the package information section.

I've been having this issue with all three export buttons on the model preview section of both the CreateML application and Xcode. Is this happening to anyone else?

Ive also tried using the coremltools package for Python to extract a preview, however documentation for Style Transfer networks doesnt exist for loading videos with that package. The style transfer network only takes an input of images, so its unclear where a video file can be loaded.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of trzroy Down vote post of trzroy
2.1k views

Replies

Did you solve the issue? I am experiencing the same problem

Does anyone Know how to fix this download issue of file not exporting successfully for the output content preview of the stylized result in the preview tab in CreateML?

Steps to Reproduce Error Using Ventura 13.2.1 and Xcode 14.2.

1. In CreateML 'Settings' tab Upload Training Style Image, Validation Image, and Content Images Directory
  2. Train Model
  3. In 'Preview' Tab load an preview output file into the Model the File is successfully styled using the model.
  4. Click 'Save stylized result' in upper righthand corner of the output preview
  5. Choose File Destination to save to and Click 'Save'

At which point the MacOS Progress bar opens up- it begins exporting and the progress bar quickly closes out with no error messages or warnings and the File Is NOWHERE to be Found.

Is this an error or bug in CreateML? I'm following the developer tutorials and it says that you can download the result but does not show it actually working in the tutorial.

Am I missing something? I tried to contact Apple Support but no one has been willing to elaborate on anything. If anyone has experienced this issue and has resolved it any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also having the same issue. It opens the dialog but don’t actually save anywhere

Actually I've discovered that if you don't rename the file you are stylising but leave it at the original filename. It will overwrite it so you need to make a copy if you want the original. But it will actually save if you keep the original filename. Not ideal but it will work if you do it this way.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Sejn Down vote reply of Sejn
  • Only valid for images, not videos, it will delete the video if you don't rename the file(if you rename the file, it will save nothing)

Add a Comment