Can't delete breakpoints in Xcode 14.1

I see the breakpoints. Whether or not I'm in the debugger, I can't delete the breakpoints that are defined. I get a bonk sound trying to delete any of them. SKAgent crashed, and is often using way too much memory. But this still occurs even after a reboot of the machine.

Replies

Think I figured it out. It's because the natural thing to remove a keyboard shortcut is to hit delete, but this instead inserts the delete key as the key equivalent, and then breaks all delete functionality throughout Xcode. And there's no assistance to say how to erase a shortcut (does cmd+delete still work after that?). So now I have to redo all my shortcuts from scratch to get rid of the delete key override.

Are there really that many people that need to override the Delete key specifically?

To remove a breakpoint, you can either:

• tap it to deactivate
  • swipe it to remove
  • select in breakpoint navigator and type backspace

Unless you have overridden the backspace as you explained…

Thanks, I've used Xcode for a long time. So I'm familiar with the breakpoint UI. It's just that they shift as code changes, and then I like to delete them.

How do you delete a conflicting Xcode keyboard shortcut? I constantly have this issue. Cmd+\ doesn't work. There are no articles online about it. delete just enters the delete key as the keyboard shortcut. This shouldn't have to be this hard. The keyboard shortcut menu even has a red x, but you click on it and it doesn't delete the conflict.

It is not very intuitive.

Effectively, typing backspace just inserts backspace as a shortcut!

But if you select the shortcut and select its textfield, you should see a clear icon (minus sign) at the right of the textField. That clears the shortcut.

Note that taking a snapshot with cmd-4 just changes the key binding ! I had to select another window, then cmd-4 allowed me to take this screenshot.

Thanks that works. I so rarely change these once they are set, and there's no help text. Contrast that with other IDEs that allow chording and this UI is unchanged from Xcode 1.0.