XCODE 14.1 stuck on "launching application" Mac M1

After updating my Xcode, my Xcode is always stuck on "launching app" and the simulator is on a black screen every 2nd time I run the code.

Steps to duplicate.

Close the simulator

Build and run code

Here, Xcode runs the code perfectly.

After I made changes in the code and re-ran the code, Xcode is now stuck on "launching app" and the simulator is on a black screen

To rerun the code, I would have to go back to step 1 again to run the app on the simulator.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this? I tried removing derived data, and changing simulators, doing sudo xcrun simctl erase all in the terminal but didn't fix the issue.

I have the same issue after upgrading XCode to 14.2 (14C18) Apple, please fix it!

I have the same issue too! Can you please fix it?

any answer until now?

It is a very serious problem which is strongly influence the debug experience. If you upgrade to macos ventura, this will suffer you too. And the rubish apple team seems never care about this. Maybe this problem will fix in next century.

I have experienced the same issue for months now. Extremely annoying and kills the development experience. I still have not found any fix to that, and weird that it is not fixed yet by the Xcode update! :((

Happens to me too with version 14.2 on Macbook M1 Pro. You can just restart the device simulator when it happens. And it happens almost everytime. It's kinda annoying.

same here. I had a very stable version of Xcode that worked every time and then I had to upgrade in order to submit new version of my app to the App Store. Now with the new version, nothing works right. 😦

Happening to me too for several months now. Tried to completely reinstall Xcode, but it didn't help.

Bought a new M2 Pro, so happy! And then this nightmare appeared! Apple, for God's sake, fix this mess!

XCODE 14.1 stuck on "launching application" Mac M1

Q