Can't access chart playlists for a specific genre

I am trying to offer my users a wide variety of playlists, like Apple Music does in the "explore" section.

I fetched the charting playlists for the current storefront, but that's as far as I get. For example, I fetch the top charts genres first. If a user selects a genre I want to display the playlists for this genre, so I call the charts endpoint with the genre as the id but I can't get a response.

path = "/v1/catalog/\(storefrontID)/charts"

components.queryItems = [
    URLQueryItem(name: "types", value: "playlists"),
    URLQueryItem(name: "chart", value: "most-played")
]

if let id = id {
    let genreQuery = URLQueryItem(name: "genre", value: id)
    components.queryItems?.append(genreQuery)
}

Even weirder, I get exactly one genre "Musik" (which isn't a genre) with identifier "34" and storefrontId "de" where it works and I get my playlists. All other genre return empty responses.

I try to use AppleMusic API with MusicKit as an addition, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for this problem either.

Yes, this seems like it should be a part of the API as Apple Music uses it extensively (on the search screen there are genres/categories, you can browse by generic the More To Explore section of the Browse tab).

I tried to get playlists for the Blues genre, for example:

var genrePlaylistRequest = MusicCatalogChartsRequest(genre: genre, types: [Playlist.self])
let genrePlaylistReponse = try await genrePlaylistRequest.response()

and here was the response:

MusicDataRequest.Error(
  code: 40400,
  title: "Resource Not Found",
  detailText: "No chart(s) found for type(s) 'playlists', contexts '', genre '2'",
  id: "5BXPJ5652TVENA3NBWAR2XCD24",
  originalResponse: MusicDataResponse(
    data: 184 bytes,
    urlResponse: <NSHTTPURLResponse: 0x0000000282804120>
  )
)

As an added thought, this probably is intended behavior because playlists are not technically "charted" in the same way albums and songs are. However, I still think there should be a way to get playlists for a specific genre in the same way the Apple Music app can via MusicKit (maybe there is but I'm not exactly sure how).

Can't access chart playlists for a specific genre

Q