XCode 14 compile errors immediately disappear or do not appear at all

I'm unable to use XCode 14 to develop my app because as soon as a compiler error is shown, it is immediately withdrawn from the Issue Navigator pane. This makes it impossible to see what is wrong. The errors are also immediately withdrawn from the editor.

This video shows 3 attempts to compile the project: after the first attempt no error shows, after the second attempt the error shows for a moment then is automatically removed (no mouse or keypress from me), after the third attempt same.

https://youtu.be/bmK_k6oLYpQ

I have tried rebooting, and deleting ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData, to no effect.

• Did you try to suppress the warning about iOS 9 which is no more supported. Set the deployment target to iOS 11 , then try again. You can also have some information in the build log.

• In my case project min level is iOS 12 so that's not it

• Facing same issue, Seems Apple not having UAT team at all for Xcode, Always full of bug

Replies

Guys are you also experiencing this issue with a M1 chip as well? I found that executing Xcode with Rosetta avoid that bug to occur. Maybe we loose a bit of performance but it's much more convenient to debug

In your Application folder, find Xcode, right click on it, then select "Show info". Here check the "Open with Rosetta" box. Restart Xcode if it was already opened.

Everything works great again on my side

• That's quite weird... Because the I am having this problem on an Intel machine. Maybe, there is some sort of race condition going on, and lowering performance alters the timing, etc.

• Try opening Xcode with Rosetta but the problem remains

Add a Comment

Same issue. As soon as I click an error it immediately disappears. Also happening in the latest Xcode 14.1 beta 3 version

Same issue for me using Xcode 14.0.1 😫 (intel mac, 5+ configurations, and cocoapods in use)

I have the same issue. Xcode 14.0 using SPM, no external package manager. Discovered soon after upgrade to Xcode 14. Getting around this by using the Report Navigator as mentioned, but it's super annoying to work this way. The issue is not present in smaller projects. Apple, please prioritise fixing this.

Please fix asap!!!

I'm experiencing the same issue on a M1 machine with Xcode 14.0.1 and Xcode 14.1 beta 3 (Cocoapods + SPM)

• Have you tried using Xcode with Rosetta as I suggested above? That fixed the issue with my M1

Add a Comment

Please Fix asap.

Seems to be solved in XCode 14.1 RC

• Although it became somewhat better in 14.1 RC, it's not fixed completely - I have errors and warnings still disappearing in some cases.

• It is not solved in XCode 14.1 RC2

• Same here. I installed 14.1 this morning, still all warnings and errors are disappearing

Add a Comment

I'm having this problem too, still an issue on Xcode 14.1 RC. This is destroying my productivity at a time that I have some very tight deadlines, Please fix ASAP!

I opened the feedback: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/11709574

(Unfortunately our project is under NDA, but if you have an example project where the problem can be reproduced, please create another feedback and attach the example).

Facing same issue, Seems Apple not having UAT team at all for Xcode Always full of bug

I had the same problem and running sudo gem update xcodeproj in the Terminal fixed it for me. Only the newest version of xcodeproj (1.22.0) supports Xcode 14.0. This is the advice for projects that use pods.

• Did not fix it for me

• This seems to be fixing the problem for me as well... (fingers crossed).

• This resolved the issue for me - even for projects that don't have CocoaPods integrated. Baffling.

Same issue. Please Fix it asap.

Same for one project, not for another

XCode 14.1 RC2 - the problem is still there. Is there still anything we can do? Xcode is completely unusable with this problem not being solved.