Amazon ses iCloud private relay

my Emails always bounce when sending via Amazon ses. I have SPF DKIM and DMARC all configured correctly. But Amazon doesn’t allow me to configure an exact email address as the Mail From address, instead I can only configure a Mail From domain.

This is where I run into problems. Amazon uses the Mail From domain, but then prepends a UUID as the Mail From address. Ie my Mail From domain is: example.com

and the actual Mail From address will be something like: @example.com

in my developer account I have added example.com, and the actual email address I use to send from. For example: news @example.com. But because Amazon randomises the Mail From address for every email sent, I have no way of registering the email with Apple and it bounces…

is there a way around this?

• this should say: and the actual Mail From address will be something like: random_uuid @ example.com

in my developer account I have added example.com, and the actual email address I use to send from. For example: news @ example.com

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I finally figured this out. Kinda silly oversight really. I had set up my MAIL FROM domain in Amazon as mail.blah.com but in Apple I was only verifying email(a)blah.com As soon as I added email(a)mail.blah.com the emails were delivered.

Replies

I finally figured this out. Kinda silly oversight really. I had set up my MAIL FROM domain in Amazon as mail.blah.com but in Apple I was only verifying email(a)blah.com As soon as I added email(a)mail.blah.com the emails were delivered.

I have tried this solution but for me it does not work. What I do, send transactional emails from a java client, which connects to AWS SES, but the emails are rejected. What am I doing wrong here? I have added a different email address as an email source and the emails from this one work, but this one doesn't go throw ses.