Home screen bug with ios 16.1 beta on 13 pro max

Can’t scroll through app pages in folders and home screen icons display over on top of App library and widget screen. Cannot do software update.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of xkwwwx Down vote post of xkwwwx
7.2k views
  • Same problem here and when I want to add pictures for photos to WhatsApp, WhatsApp shut down…

• Battery decrease faster than before.

• Exactly the same issue, can’t scroll in folders. Have reported back to Apple via the feedback app. Battery drain is astonishing. Also can’t roll back to previous versions. Have now left the beta programme so kind of just waiting for an update I guess.

Replies

I am also having the issue with not being able to scroll through app folders.

• I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and am part of the beta testers. I upgraded to iOS 16.1 public beta and now I can’t scroll through my app folders!

Add a Comment

Yes, facing the same bug in home screen and app folders swipe not working.

Also having both of those issues. But the not being able to scroll through folders issue is VERY problematic!

Also facing same issue.. can't scroll. Need to click & drag "3 dots" below to change folder pages.

• That is the only work around I have found too

Add a Comment

I’m having same issues with my Home Screen doesn’t move and is frozen I have to reset it ever 10 minutes and keeps doing it constantly

It appears the only way to get to the next page of an app folder is to swipe at the bottom where the page indicators are, but I’m having the original problem, as well.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Has anyone tried to downgrade back to 16.0?

Having the same issue on my iPhone 11. When I try to swipe to get to my app library, the home screen widgets remain on top. I can get the app library to go away by swiping to the left on the left side of the screen, and it "bounces" away. But I'm not able to access any of the app icons in the library due to the main home screen widgets getting in the way. Very frustrating, and honestly the first "showstopper" bug I've experienced using iOS betas since my iPhone 6!

Best workaround I can find is to just search for apps by name and launch from there.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Same issue on my iPhone 13 Pro as well as iPadOS 16.1 Beta 2 also released earlier this week (can’t scroll any multi-page folders). Work around is to search all apps.

Also, I was getting an error when checking for a software update on iPadOS but this has now gone away and appears to be fixed/working.

Software update seems fixed for me as well.

Also fixed - and I don’t know how since I turned off auto update - is I can now scroll to my widget screen and my apps library screen. But swiping on any folder screens (without using the dots) still not working for me.

Nevermind. Just went to my Home Screen and can’t swipe at all without using the dots…. Hope my new iPhone coming today won’t download this beta update!

I am also having this issue.

Similar issue on my end. Initially I got the same message back when doing a software update but that cleared itself about 5 hours after I first got it. Now when I click software update it comes back with the standard reply stating my version of IOS.

I cannot connect to my iPhone 12 Pro using finder on my Mac. It states “ The content of the iPhone “xxxxx’s iPhone could not be read. Click Restore to restore this IPhone to factory settings”

Lowell

Figured out how to fix it.

Settings -> Home Screen -> Enable "Show on Home Screen" under Search.

My guess is the bug is with disabling the Search button.

• Interestingly, the exact opposite (switching that to off from having it on before the update) seems to fix my issues for now. Can scroll again.

Although when I scroll to the widgets view on the side, then the home screen doesn't dismiss and I have a messy overlay of the widgets page and any home screen page I scroll to, haha.

13 mini here

• My "show on home screen" was ON - turned it off and I can scroll fine now. I'm not getting my hopes up though - sometimes (even before I changed anything) I can scroll from screen to screen (both just within screens and within multi screen folders) just fine and then it stops working again randomly. Strange. Wish Apple would figure this out.

Add a Comment

Try this. I don't know where the setting are to turn this off or change, and you have to do this kinda quick. At the bottom of all the app screens and the home screens there are the rows of dots that represent the pages? Press on one of those dots and without stopping scroll left or right depending on which app you want to access. It takes a couple tries to get it but I've been able to get it consistently after a few tries. I guess it something the Apple devs forgot to implement?

I have the same problem with ios 16.1 beta on iPhone 13 pro max!