Xcode updating existing watch app to single-target watch app fails

Upon updating to Xcode 14.0, then selecting the Editor > Validate Settings, a resulting dialog with a single item for WatchKit is displayed. The item is to upgrade existing Watch and Watch Extension targets to a single-target watch app. When I hit the button Perform Changes, Xcode instantly crashes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

The problem report contains ...

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 4 Illegal instruction: 4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [27932]

Application Specific Information:
com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed::  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Xcode3UI                      	       0x131df0e98 Xcode3UpgradeWatchKitExtensionlessUpgradeTask.upgrade() + 14392
1   Xcode3UI                      	       0x131df191b @objc Xcode3UpgradeWatchKitExtensionlessUpgradeTask.upgrade() + 27
2   IDEKit                        	       0x10be7ffa5 __49-[IDEUpgradeTaskWindowController performChanges:]_block_invoke + 483
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of tache Down vote post of tache
1.1k views

Replies

Can you please file a report with Feedback Assistant and attach the full crash report, then note the feedback ID here? This will help us to investigate the issue.

• I'm also getting this crash. Here is my feedback ID: FB11545056 (Xcode Crashes when upgrading single-target Watch App)

Add a Comment

Will do. Thanks

FB11518279 (Xcode crashes when updating existing watch app and extension to a single-target watch app)

• same issue across multiple projects - was there a resolution or guidance provided?

Add a Comment