Missing red styled wallpapers in iOS 16 / maybe add custom?

Dear Apple,

Kindly please consider to bringing back an 'red' styled wallpapers to Carplay. There were red styled (without blue, yellow, green) wallpapers in iOS 14 and 15 and i liked and used them.

My car is red and curent iOS 16 wallpapers are not so good as previous ones. I am using grey, but i do not like it.

Please bring back old red-styled wallpaper from iOS 15 or allow to use custom ones - thats could be the best - to give users a choice to set own.

I am adding a missing wallpaper from iOS15.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Kyokushin Down vote post of Kyokushin
1.4k views
  • I don’t have a solution for you but I agree with you completely. I too have a red vehicle and liked a red background that is no longer available with IOS 16. Not sure why they have to remove backgrounds that are already created. Hopefully if enough people speak up Apple can re-introduce those backgrounds.

• Me too. I would like my red wallpaper back.

Add a Comment

Replies

I agree. Apple needs to reintroduce the red wallpaper they had before iOS 16. I was super disappointed when I got in my car to see the new wallpapers after my iPhone updated. Hopefully they will update this!

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I too agree. Not only did it change for the ones that had already loved the wallpaper that was all red. But not I have to settle with the grey wallpaper not wanting to use Apple CarPlay instead making use the cars already matching stereo UI . Not only red but I imagine every other car nowadays all have interior ambient lighting I wonder what wallpaper they have to use to settle with or even have to switch the color of the ambient lighting…