Need help to run unit tests of .NET library on macOS with Apple Silicon chip

Hello,

I'm developing an open source .NET library to work with MIDI – DryWetMIDI. Recently the issue was reported – DllNotFoundException on Apple Silicon chips. So the multimedia API (devices, default playback) of the library is not working on macOS with Apple Silicon CPUs.

The possible fix is ready and pushed to the test branch of the library repo. But I don't have a machine with macOS and Apple Silicon chip. So maybe someone can help me and would be so kind to run unit tests of the library on their machine?

As I've noticed in the issue:

But I should to note that complete tests run takes noticeable amount of time. Tests are logically divided into two categories: Core and Multimedia. Each category runs for about 20-25 minutes.

Core tests can be run with your regular work on computer in parallel. But it's desired for Multimedia tests to be run without any user activity on a machine. It's because of the nature of those tests. Many of them checks that specific events occurred within a small amount of time (like 30 or even 15 ms), so any other activity can affect tests and they will fail.

Of course I will give step-by-step instruction of how to run the tests.