Xcode "Issue Navigator" shows stale errors and warnings

For as long as I've used Xcode, the Issue navigator shows stale errors and warnings even after the build is completely building and executing. It would be nice to have a way to retain file warnings without having to set "warnings as errors", but here the problems have already been fixed.

Also need a "Reveal in Report Navigator" since half the time these errors/warnings lack 90% of the info needed to actually fix them. There's already a "Reveal in Project Navigator" that is almost never needed.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Alecazam Down vote post of Alecazam
1.8k views

Replies

Use the filter button at the bottom of the left panel to filter out all warnings and keep only errors.

Still happening even in Xcode 14.1. The filter isn't a solution to this. The errors displayed even when the build succeeds just cause confusion for the non-engineers trying to build our title.

• try the /Users/cmadd254/Desktop/Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 16.42.19.png

report navigator. it works better than that panel for me. always shows the correct error. I keep getting incorrect red errors in my IDE.

Add a Comment

Seems that disabling "Settings -> General -> Show Live Issues" gets rid of the stale error reports in the Issue List. We build with makefiles, but can this feature be fixed? It really makes Xcode needlessly difficult to do development.

Disabling Live Issues obviously prevents just the display w/o addressing the root cause.

There seem to be some kind of error cache, which is not properly reset. This is an Xcode bug.