Using Multiple Monitors with Ventura

I attempting to use two 4K Samsung monitors connected to my 2019 intel MBP 2.4 i9. When running a single monitor, the MBP works fine with the additional monitor scaled to provide them most screen space. However, when I attached the second monitor (both by USB-C) and all three screens go blank.

Initially, when I connected both monitors after seeing them both to be scaled to provide the least amount of screen space, both monitors worked just fine. But when either monitor is scaled up, it sends the monitors to blank.

Prior to the Ventura install, this configuration worked just fine with both monitors scaled to provide the most screen space.

Any ideas how to get around this and run both monitors as with Monterey. It is clearly not a hardware issue as it worked just fine prior to Ventura and works when both monitors are scaled to their least resolution. .

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of coreypierce Down vote post of coreypierce
2.4k views
  • Hi! Similar situation. Yesterday I updated to Ventura and already regret it. I have an M1 PRO 16" MBP. In my case, I have two 27" 4k monitors, one connected through HDMI and another with a dongle through usb-c. Now, I cant use them in 4k. Screen config only lets me change it for one, and if I do it, everything becomes suuuper small..

• go to display in preferences. .. then where it has picture of your MacBook hit the plus button.. In that way I could locate my Ipad that I used as extended monitor and it becomes a continuation screen. Do not know how you do but that works

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue or similar.

I am working on external monitor with MacBook 14" with M1 Max lid closed.

I am on now on Developer Beta 6

When I connect my external monitor, everything renders fine (with open macbook) and is responsible, but when I close the lid, its recognizing that external monitor is only in use, but it is not responsible at all - you can click, but it feels like items are in different positions, disconnecting monitor, reverting everything back to normal. Sounds like some scaling issues or something like that.

For now I found workaround for this, just restart macbook and close lid when macbook starts, for some reason it just loading fine and everything works as it should. There is one extra problem, when I put OS into sleep mode, sometimes, not always, Ventura is frozen and just need to restart it.

Hello I just downloaded the new is but my secondary monitor is not even detecting can some one help please , the usb-c - hdmi not working

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.