Radio App 5.2.3 Legal: Intellectual Property - Audio/Video Downloading

Radio App Rejected 5.2.3 Legal: Intellectual Property - Audio/Video Downloading

I have seen that many radio apps have been successfully launched, and their functions are the same. How should I reply?

Replies

I have seen that many radio apps have been successfully launched, and their functions are the same. 

That is not an argument for the reviewer. In addition, those other apps may have got the rights to publish. Or they were lucky enough to pass through this time.

How should I reply?

The best (only ?) way is to demonstrate you have the rights for using the content…

You may try to appeal and demonstrate that you do not infringe any copyright (because content samples are very short, or any other valid reason), but I fear it will be extremely hard to argue.

Hello could you resolve this issue ? i have same problem

Same issue here. I have a bunch of builtin stations and I have to get a written permission from each of them before my app can be approved. All of them are free internet stations, I really don't get this as I am not providing any hosting or download options, I am just providing a listening "portal" in form of an app. Until every station owner will reply back to me with their approval, my app is in testflight only :(

I have tried to argue with Apple on the meaning of this article considering I am not offering a premium stream as free to everyone, that all streams are free to use but no chance, I have to get those approvals. Wonder how TuneIn managed to get approvals for their hundreds of listed stations