Difficulties Integrating Core ML Model into my App

Hello,

i have been working on a swift UI project and want to integrate my own ML Model from Create ML into the app.

My create ML Model is a tabular-Regressor Model wich works fine in the create ML Preview. Following this guide:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreml/integrating_a_core_ml_model_into_your_app

i have tried to integrate the model into the app (Xcode 13.4.1). I load the file into the project navigator. When i try to create the model in the code with

let model = MyModelName()

i get the error

Cannot find 'MyModelName' in scope

Other Models (like the ones downloadable from apple) seem to get recognized. I get an information about using a different init method but at least not an error.

What am i doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thank You !

Rob

Replies

This is from the log:

Command CoreMLModelCodegen failed with a nonzero exit code

Command CoreMLModelCodegen failed with a nonzero exit code

That explains the issue you are facing but, it is not expected. Could you share a sample project on feedbackassistant.apple.com ? We can take a quick look and get back to you here.

• Ok. I did.

Add a Comment

I narrowed it down. It turns out the problem was in the trainingsdata (especially the title row): it contained some umlauts. While create ML was fine with that, Xcode was not. Removing them solved the problem. The model is now recognized in Xcode.