Accessing Categories using MusicKit?

Hi there!

I was using the Apple Music app and stumbled upon Categories. For example, if you search for Apple Music Party, the first result is a Category that shows a list of playlists.

How do I access these using MusicKit? Is Categories Music exclusive only or available to third-party developers?

Accepted Reply

Hello @snuff4,

Many of these categories are represented by Apple Music API as resources of type AppleCurators and kind "Genre". I confirmed that it's the case for this "Apple Music Party" one.

As noted in this other thread, those specific resources are not exposed in MusicKit.

Best regards,

• "One thing to know though is that, if the curator relationship of the playlist in Apple Music API happened to point to resources of type AppleCurators and kind equal to "Genre", then you still won't be able to access it, because those resources are not yet exposed in MusicKit."

Ah, I wasn't sure about the kind. Thank you for the clarification!

Add a Comment

Replies

Hello @snuff4,

Many of these categories are represented by Apple Music API as resources of type AppleCurators and kind "Genre". I confirmed that it's the case for this "Apple Music Party" one.

As noted in this other thread, those specific resources are not exposed in MusicKit.

Best regards,

• "One thing to know though is that, if the curator relationship of the playlist in Apple Music API happened to point to resources of type AppleCurators and kind equal to "Genre", then you still won't be able to access it, because those resources are not yet exposed in MusicKit."

Ah, I wasn't sure about the kind. Thank you for the clarification!

Add a Comment