How to hide the scroll bar in a SpriteView when Digital Crown is used

I am updating my Watch games to use SwiftUI and am using a SpriteView to render my SpriteKit SKScene.

However, my games now show the scroll bar at the top right of the Watch screen when I turn the Digital Crown. This didn't happen in the old version.

Is there a way to hide the scroll bar? I see that ScrollView has a showsIndicators option to turn off the scroll bar, but I can't find this for SpriteView.

Does anyone have a workaround to remove the scroll bar?

This is the code I am currently using to show my GameScene.

@State private var crownPosition = 0.0

var body: some View {

GeometryReader { reader in
      SpriteView(scene: GameScene(size: reader.size, crownPosition: $crownPosition))
        .focusable()
        .digitalCrownRotation($crownPosition)
    }
  }

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

A friend of mine gave me the solution! To stop the scroll bar appearing when using the digital crown, set isContinuous to true in the .digitalCrowRotation. Here is my latest code which no longer shows the scroll bar:

struct GameScreen: View {

@EnvironmentObject var screenController: ScreenController

.focusable()
        .digitalCrownRotation($crownPosition, from: 0, through: 400, by: 4, sensitivity: .medium, isContinuous: true, isHapticFeedbackEnabled: false)
    }
  }
}

I hope this helps others.

Replies

A friend of mine gave me the solution! To stop the scroll bar appearing when using the digital crown, set isContinuous to true in the .digitalCrowRotation. Here is my latest code which no longer shows the scroll bar:

struct GameScreen: View {

@EnvironmentObject var screenController: ScreenController

.focusable()
        .digitalCrownRotation($crownPosition, from: 0, through: 400, by: 4, sensitivity: .medium, isContinuous: true, isHapticFeedbackEnabled: false)
    }
  }
}

I hope this helps others.

The accepted answer works. However, now with watchOS 9.1 the scroll bar appears for ~1 second after the view is loaded or when focusable(boolValue) is changed to true