app identifier "com.bookup.chessopeningswizard" cannot be registered to your development team because it is not available

When changing the bundle identifier on my iOS Xcode project to match the bundle identifier of the app I've published, Xcode says this:

Failed to register bundle identifier

The app identifier "com.bookup.chessopeningswizard" cannot be registered to your development team because it is not available. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again.

I can set it to any other bundle identifier and Xcode is okay.

I believe I need to set it to the app identifier of the published app because I'm creating a new version of the app.

I believe I need to set it to the app identifier of the published app because I'm creating a new version of the app.

That’s right.

Are you a member of the team that originally published the app? To confirm that, go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section of the developer web site, make sure you have the right team selected at the top right, and then look for that App ID in the Identifiers section.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

app identifier "com.bookup.chessopeningswizard" cannot be registered to your development team because it is not available

Q