'The code signature version is no longer supported' error

Hi all.

I am trying to run my app on a physical iPhone, however I keep getting a dialog saying 'Unable to install (insert app name here)'.

Clicking on details gives me this:

Unable to install "Bitelist"

Domain: com.apple.dt.MobileDeviceErrorDomain

Code: -402620375

User Info: {

DVTErrorCreationDateKey = "2022-05-31 22:03:26 +0000";

IDERunOperationFailingWorker = IDEInstalliPhoneLauncher;

}

--

The code signature version is no longer supported.

Domain: com.apple.dt.MobileDeviceErrorDomain

Code: -402620375

System Information

macOS Version 12.4 (Build 21F79)

Xcode 13.4 (20503) (Build 13F17a)

Timestamp: 2022-05-31T23:03:26+01:00

Does anyone have a fix to this? All help is appreciated.

Hey @DanDudeDev, Thanks for posting on the developer forums!

Would it be possible for you to indicate how you are attempting to install the application on the device? Is this directly through Xcode, or via an exported Archive? It would also help to know the version of iOS installed on the mobile device in which you are trying to install the application so that we can attempt to replicate the issue.

The first thing this makes me think of is the below post from Apple.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/using-the-latest-code-signature-format

However, if you are using Xcode, Xcode SHOULD be leveraging the latest code signature when signing. If you have multiple versions of Xcode installed, this may not be the case though depending on the Xcode Command Line tools selected. You can check this by going to Xcode --> Preferences --> Locations --> Command Line Tools and making sure that 13.4 (13F17a) is also selected here.

If this does not help, we might want to look at each of your project targets and the Signing section under Build Settings to determine if there is anything set that could be causing the issue.

Hopefully this helps and looking forward to your feedback! Good luck!

I'm installing directly through Xcode - onto an iPhone 7 Plus running i0S 15.5

Hey there! Just wondering if you found a solution as I just encountered the same issue. In my case, I found that it was caused by 2 frameworks I had recently added which were, by default, added with the "Embed & Sign" option, but they needed to be "Do not Embed". After switching that option for them the app installed. Hope it helps anyone who might run into the same issue!

Hi guys,

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem and I have been stuck for a few days now. I have all the frameworks added as Do not Embed, --generate-entitlement-der in the Other Code Signing, Xcode 13.4.1 (13F100). I've tried everything that's available on the web and nothing works for me.

For me helped reinstall carthage with carthage update --use-xcframeworks --platform iOS --no-use-binaries

Try adding the following to the OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS in the Build Settings of your app target:

-o runtime --runtime-version $DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

This will enforce the new signature version for all binaries in your target and the app the can be successfully installed on a device.

Just try pod update.

'The code signature version is no longer supported' error

Q