Notarization fails: The executable does not have the hardened runtime enabled.

Hello The notarization of my AppleScript App fails.

1. i created a AppleScript Application with the Script Editor.

2. i exported and signed the app with my Developer ID Application certificate.

3. Created the *dmg installer:

`hdiutil create -volname AppName -srcfolder /pathToApp -ov -format UDBZ NameOfApp.dmg
`
  1. signed the installer with cmd command:
codesign -s "Developer ID Application: [DevName] (id)" --timestamp NameOfApp.dmg

1. startet the notarization in the cmd with:
xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "My-id" -u "[uerName]" -p "[pw]" -t osx -f /pathTo/NameOfApp.dmg

The result is that the notarization fails. has anybody an idea where i can proceed?

Lorenzo

Replies

Well, that’s annoying. It seems that AppleScript’s built-in signing support doesn’t enable the hardened runtime when you export with a Developer ID signing identity. I encourage you to file a bug about this; it should do the right thing by default.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

You can work around this by re-signing the applet yourself:

% codesign -s "Developer ID Application" -o runtime --timestamp -f /path/to/your.app

The good news is the applet code is compatible with the hardened runtime, it’s just that the export doesn’t enable it.

ps You wrote:

xcrun altool …

altool has been deprecated for the purposes of notarisation. Switch to notarytool; it’s better, stronger, and faster. For the details, see WWDC 2021 Session 10261 Faster and simpler notarization for Mac apps.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hello Quinn

Thank you very much for your help. With your workaround i was able to notarise the app. Like you mentioned i made a ticket for this bug (FB10333958) But even this didn't solve my problem. I still run into the error 1743 (see it's on the thread https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/109561?answerId=334857022#334857022.

• Thanks for filing FB10333958.

Add a Comment