Xcode Server incorrectly referencing local package checkouts

FB9967910

When attempting to create or edit a Xcode Bot, additional/associated source control repositories all indicate “The source control operation failed because the specified URL cannot be used.”. This appears to be caused by the bot referencing the local directory checkouts of swift packages rather than the originating source control URLs. The ‘Replace Repositories’ button does not correct this issue, and there appears to be no other mechanism in the UI to alter the URLs. The bad URLs causes and integration to fail as package dependencies could not be resolved.

Anyone experiencing the same or have some sort of resolution?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of richardpiazza Down vote post of richardpiazza
1.4k views

Replies

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue and I didn't find any fix for this yet. Still looking for this. Did you find anything on your side?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of lnd2 Down vote reply of lnd2

I guess this no longer matters. Xcode 14 official deprecated Xcode Server.

Feedback filed in support of continuing Xcode Server. Perhaps others would like to do the same.

I like Xcode Server and it is particularly useful for non-App Store Mac applications, especially if they have sensitive (eg health) in-house only data, stored on local network repos. A big screen display of build and test status is nice and reassuring. Also, if needed you can hammer your local infrastructure with impunity, which does not sound feasible for Xcode Cloud via GitHub.

Would be great for the OP bug to be fixed too. Moving from git submodules to Swift packages is great, with many upsides and reduction in churn. It's a shame to lose CI functionality as a result.