Xcode crashes when adding new files to local swift package

When we do these steps, Xcode crashes everytime we add a new file.

1. Build and run our project
  2. Add a file to our local Swift Package
  3. Modify the newly added file
  4. Try to build the project
  5. Observe crash.

I filed a Radar with the crash report here: https://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5594745317359616

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of sami.taha Down vote post of sami.taha
1.8k views

Replies

The correct place to file a bug report is through Feedback Assistant. The website you posted your crash report to is not affiliated with Apple. Please post the FB number here once you open a bug report through Apple's official system.

I noticed in the crash report that you posted that you are running Xcode through Rosetta. Do you experience the same crash when running Xcode natively? Please include that information in your Feedback report.

• Thank you for the response! Disabling Rosetta does not change the crash. I filed a bug report here: FB9995067

I would really appreciate any help on this, this is causing me tons of issues since I'm doing a lot of file migrations to split things up into our swift packages. Thank you in advance. I would welcome any feedback or workarounds as well.

• Hi Edford. I filed a report here and I still have not heard back: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9995067

• Hi Edford. I have yet to receive any response. Is there anyway to escalate this

Same issue, it's been plaguing our development workflow for weeks now. Affects 13.3, 13.3.1, M1 Macs, i9 Mb Pro 16...

@edford This is a huge problem that still exists in Xcode 14 and has been plaguing our team for over a year now. Every. Single. Time. We create a new file or try to rename a file in a local Swift Package. Affects every machine and every developer at our company regardless of Xcode version, macOS version, hardware, etc.

• Please open a bug report with full details on how you reproduce this, include the crash reports, and post the FB number in a separate reply (not a comment).

Add a Comment

@edford I have a similar issue but just when adding or editing files in the package, Xcode crashes. The package can be built just fine. Ticket identifier in FB is FB11626038. Thanks

• Thank you for filing FB11626038, we really appreciate it.

• Hi @edford Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get back to you, I never saw this reply. Has this been fixed? I notice it still says "For future OS Update". Thanks. Happy Holidays

• @edford Hello. Thought I posted a comment a week ago but apparently not, is there any update regarding this issue?

Hi @edford, having issues replying but I guess it's because I'm not supposed to leave a comment. Has FB11626038 been resolved? It won't display for me the status. Thanks