Xcode crashes when adding new files to local swift package

When we do these steps, Xcode crashes everytime we add a new file.

1. Build and run our project
  2. Add a file to our local Swift Package
  3. Modify the newly added file
  4. Try to build the project
  5. Observe crash.

I filed a Radar with the crash report here: https://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5594745317359616

The correct place to file a bug report is through Feedback Assistant. The website you posted your crash report to is not affiliated with Apple. Please post the FB number here once you open a bug report through Apple's official system.

I noticed in the crash report that you posted that you are running Xcode through Rosetta. Do you experience the same crash when running Xcode natively? Please include that information in your Feedback report.

Same issue, it's been plaguing our development workflow for weeks now. Affects 13.3, 13.3.1, M1 Macs, i9 Mb Pro 16...

@edford This is a huge problem that still exists in Xcode 14 and has been plaguing our team for over a year now. Every. Single. Time. We create a new file or try to rename a file in a local Swift Package. Affects every machine and every developer at our company regardless of Xcode version, macOS version, hardware, etc.

@edford I have a similar issue but just when adding or editing files in the package, Xcode crashes. The package can be built just fine. Ticket identifier in FB is FB11626038. Thanks

Hi @edford, having issues replying but I guess it's because I'm not supposed to leave a comment. Has FB11626038 been resolved? It won't display for me the status. Thanks

Xcode crashes when adding new files to local swift package

Q