Problem notarizing a pkg containing fortran programs

HI

I've updated my fortran program and I'm trying to get through the notarizing process.

I created a pkg with >pkgbuild ... I signed the package with >productsign ... I created an application password for notarytool I created store credentials with >xcrun notarytool store-credentials ... Received: Success. Credentials validated. Credentials saved to Keychain. Requested notarization with >xcrun notarytool submit ... Submission ID received Successfully uploaded file Current status: Waiting.... after a minute or two this changed to Current status: Invalid...

Could this because the notarizing system doesn't understand Fortran executables or is there something else I've done incorrectly? I have a submission id, is there a way to get more information.

Thanks, David

• Do a quick forum search on notarizing a pkg a few of the results have solutions.

Add a Comment

Replies

Could this because the notarizing system doesn't understand Fortran executables … ?

That’s posible but unlikely. The notary service does look at your code, and thus you could imagine scenarios where it got confused by Fortran-built code. However, my experience is that this is much more likely to be related to your code signing and packaging.

I have a submission id, is there a way to get more information.

There is indeed. Check out the log subcommand of notarytool. It returns a JSON log that (usually :-) points to the source of the problem.

If that log points to a signing or packaging issue, see my advice in:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"