Hidden NSTableView shows vertical scrollbar and responds to gestures

This must be a bug in NSTableView, but when I hide the view, the NSScroller shows its scrollbar moving through an empty list and still responds to vertical gestures.

Since this is over a view that already handles panning, this causes a giant deadzone where the table was displayed and vertical panning stops on that section of the view because the table view is intercepting it.

All I do is supply an NSTableViewDelegate. The autohide property is set on the scrollers. This should not be responding to gestures either.

This is the workaround is to set the containing scrollView hidden instead of the tableView itself.

// doesn't work, scrollbar responds to pan gestures and displays empty scroll region // _tableView.hidden = YES;

// fix broken NSTableView, keeps showing scroll and responding to pan   // so set scroll to hidden instead of tables   NSScrollView* scrollView = [_tableView enclosingScrollView];   scrollView.hidden = YES;

Actually, that's not a complete fix. The area the table occupies invisibly for the scrollView is still consuming pan events. There's just no visual of the slider moving, but that whole area is a panning dead zone now.

I had a second NSTableView in the storyboard that I needed to remove. The fix above is still needed to have the tableView hide itself.

Hidden NSTableView shows vertical scrollbar and responds to gestures

Q