Bridging Headers is unsupported or Module compiled with Swift 5.5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.6 complier

Hello guys!

I faced a problem with building... My device suddenly updated to iOS 15.4.1, my Xcode was 13.2 and I had to update it to the latest version (13.3.1) to build the app. After the update, I had a few problems which were successfully solved but one of them stopped me for a few hours. The problem is with Bridging Headers or Swift Compiler, I really don't know what I did badly, and what causes problems.

On several forums I often read that is important to set:

Build Settings > Build Options > Build Libraries for Distribution

But in any case it doesn't work, on yes:

error: using bridging headers with module interfaces is unsupported

on no:

(line with import framework SWXMLHash) /Users/blablabla/SSLModel.swift:9:8: error: module compiled with Swift 5.5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.6 compiler: /Users/blablabla2/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/SWXMLHash.framework/Modules/SWXMLHash.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios.swiftmodule import SWXMLHash

It will be important that I use Carthage.

What should I do? Clone all 10 frameworks that I use and re-build them with a new Xcode which includes compiler 5.6? That may be a bad solution... Any answers on similar topics don't help..

Answered by xvc_studios in 711798022

The answer is just to use umbrella header build in frameworks :D

Accepted Answer

The answer is just to use umbrella header build in frameworks :D

Bridging Headers is unsupported or Module compiled with Swift 5.5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.6 complier

Q