developer.apple.com slow/unresponsive after a few minutes from logging in

Whenever I'm on this site on Safari and I log in, after a little while pages will load very very slow or not at all and reeplies to posts will fail over and over. In general this website becomes unusable under safari and upon restarting (i can't just log out because that won't work either) Safari, everything works again.

This affects the documentation pages too, not just the forums. So I'll quit, log in, try to put in my post as fast as possible before I can't anymore.

I usually copy and paste my post before hitting submit incase my time has ran out.

Replies

This affects the documentation pages too, not just the forums.

That suggests a more systemic problem. DevForums and the deveolper documentation run on very different platforms (although they obviously share some infrastructure).

To start, let’s rule out Safari. If you use a browser other than Safari, do you still see the problem?

I usually copy and paste my post

Well, I author all my posts in BBEdit, but that’s just ’cause I’m averse to all web-based text editors (-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• i think it has something to do with authentication. it doesn't happen in iOS safari or desktop chrome. and it doesn't happen on my older iMac. just my MacBook with touch ID.

Add a Comment

just my MacBook with touch ID.

Well, I use a MacBook with Touch ID, so thats not the only issue in play here (-:

Seriously though, thanks for the results you posted.

Next test: If you create a new user account on your Mac, and use Safari from there, do you see the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• i'll test it out in the weekend.

• Ta!

Add a Comment

I am currently experiencing this same issues on safari sonoma. Is the server getting tanked?