We were still unable to review your app as it crashed on launch.

We were still unable to review your app as it crashed on launch. We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

Review device details:

• Device type: iPad
  • OS version: iOS 15.4

I test my app on all iPhones and iPads (iOS 15.4) its works without any crash.

Errors occurred only on iPad and when the Archive was generated in the Xcode to upload to the App Store, it was selected only for iPhone and not for iPad.

It’s the first time I’m publishing an app on the App Store, so I’m having a hard time symbolizing the logs that were returned by the review team and identifying where the problem is occurring.

The logs that were downloaded are attached.

Accepted Reply

Delete the app from your device (not the simulator), if your app is using location, set the location to Apple hq, and try to run it on a real device using those conditions.

• I was able to simulate the error reported in the logs by changing the App Region configuration in the Xcode before running the application in the simulator. But by changing the location on a real device, I couldn’t simulate the error.

Real device: iPhone 11 (iOS 15.4)Simulator device: iPad 9th generation (iOS 15.4)

Thanks for the help!!!

• Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but how do you change the location on a physical device?

Add a Comment

Replies

Delete the app from your device (not the simulator), if your app is using location, set the location to Apple hq, and try to run it on a real device using those conditions.

• I was able to simulate the error reported in the logs by changing the App Region configuration in the Xcode before running the application in the simulator. But by changing the location on a real device, I couldn’t simulate the error.

Real device: iPhone 11 (iOS 15.4)Simulator device: iPad 9th generation (iOS 15.4)

Thanks for the help!!!

• Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but how do you change the location on a physical device?

Add a Comment

These three logs are probably from the same crash. Consider this:

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

The SIGABRT indicates that your app crashed itself by calling abort. The most common cause of that is an unhandled language exception. This is confirmed by the presence of the Last Exception Backtrace section:

Last Exception Backtrace:
0   CoreFoundation   __exceptionPreprocess + 220 …
1   libobjc.A.dylib  objc_exception_throw + 60 …
2   UIKitCore        +[UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:bundle:] + 732 …
3   UIKitCore        -[UIApplication _loadMainStoryboardFileNamed:bundle:] + 96 …

This backtrace suggest that something went wrong with your build process such that your app is missing ist storyboard, or has a storyboard but something is not wired up correctly. In such situation, wesdegroot’s advice of deleting the app from the device and then re-running it is a good one.

If that doesn’t reproduce the problem, do a Product > Archive and then export the archive as a development signed .ipa. You can then install that on your device using the Finder and that should reproduce the issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• I managed to simulate the error and it was exactly this Last Exception Backtrace that I received. Thanks for the help!!!

• Yay!

Add a Comment