Autofill doesn't work properly

Hi, I've implemented the Username/Password AutoFill feature on the login page based on this article, but here is something weird.

For example, if the text field is empty, the credential is pasted to the text field perfectly through iCloud keychain.

If the text field is NOT empty, the credential cannot be pasted to the text field for the first time. Is it an iOS bug?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Sean Wong Down vote post of Sean Wong
3.1k views

Replies

I do have the same problem (and judging by checking on a lot of other apps, they all do ...).

The problem seems to lie in a field having isSecureTextEntry set to true - if it is false and it contains some text when selecting a credential from the keyboard, it works - if it is true, then it does not.

Also, if you do not select one of the suggested credentials from the keyboard, but choose Passwords, and then select one from the keychain, it does work in all cases.

This definitely looks like an issue in the iOS framework.

• I think wea re experiencing the same issue i described here, if i set the isSecureTextEntry textfield to false the autofill strong password doesn't clear the password and confirm password already typed by the user so basically we enter in a loop where the user is unable to signup for the service if the isSecureTextEntry is true for both UITextfields. The only way for the user to signup is to disable the autofill feature. Is there any updates about this issue?

• Here is the link to the thread i have opened https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/724968

Add a Comment

Hello, is there any updates about this issue? I think we are experiencing the same issue described here https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/724968 if we set the isSecureTextEntry for both password to false the user can type on Choose my Own Password without the Textfield being cleared if there were previous password typed, but if isSecureTextEntry is true the user can't signup because the autofill strong password continues to clear the password he previously typed manually when i choose the Choose My Own Password action.

Do you have the same issue?