Contact Note Field Access Entitlement Location?

Hello Everyone,

I requested for the Contact Note Field Access Entitlement here : https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/contact-note-field

It was Approved

I created a new provisioning profile and I can see that I have got the access for Notes filed, in the provisioning profile details.

But when I try to fetch all Notes field it gives me error : Unauthorized Keys

Can someone please tell me where is the Entitlement file location ? Or do I have to create one ?

Apple told me to wait 2 to 3 days and it will appear in my Account, but they did not specify the exact location?

Where in the account do I have to look for it?

Replies

Hello Dropouts,

To use this special entitlement you must enable it in the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section of your developer account. For instructions, please read Enable app capabilities.

Once you’ve finished generating the profile, you can use it in Xcode like any other manually-generated profile. For help creating a provisioning profile, please read Create an App Store provisioning profile.

If you have more questions about adding or using this entitlement, please contact Developer Program Support. When contacting Developer Program Support, use the path Development and Technical > Certificates, Identifiers, and Provisioning Profiles.

Thanks,

—jasonag.

• Hey Jason,

We have done both of that, but we still cannot find the entitlement file, is the entitlement file embedded inside the provisioning profile ?

Add a Comment

I’m not familiar with this specific entitlement but I’ve worked with a bunch of developers using a bunch of other special entitlements. I wrote up my experience in Using the Multicast Networking Additional Capability. I’m not sure whether this entitlement uses the old or new process, but there are instructions for both.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• In Xcode we cannot file the .entitlement file nor does Xcode let's us add using File > Add New File > ( There is no option to select entitlement file to create )

Add a Comment

In Xcode we cannot file the .entitlements file

Right. Xcode only adds a .entitlements file if you use a custom entitlement [1]. If you’re not using entitlements for some other reason, there are two ways to add one.

The first involves the Signing & Capabilities editor:

1. Use that editor to add a dummy capability. My go-to choice here is Personal VPN.

2. That’ll add the .entitlements file. Edit that to include the entitlement you actually want.

3. Remove remove the dummy capability you added in step 1.

Alternatively, you can do this by hand:

1. Create a .entitlements file from File > New > File > Property List.

2. Edit that to include the entitlement you want.

3. Change the Code Signing Entitlements (CODE_SIGN_ENTITLEMENTS) build setting to point at that file.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] All iOS apps use entitlements, but some of those entitlements are entirely managed by Xcode and thus don’t need a .entitlements file.

Add a Comment