App got rejected

I am trying to publish a very simple app which loads an external JSON which contains cooking recipes. When I submitted the app, the JSON contained only a couple of recipes and the verification team rejected claiming the article 4.2.0 (minimal design functionality); I asked more info and they told me to add more to the app; now I asked what the exactly mean, more entries in the external JSON file? Because this will be done slowly and has of course nothing to do with the app itself. Any hint?

Thanks

Replies

More functionality. Add more beef in terms of the feature set not minimal fluff just to show that you can load a JSON feed. What benefits will your application offer the end user. Will it allow the end user to submit their recipes, will it allow the end user to share recipes, will it allow them to rate other recipes or plan meals. Sit down and ask yourself as an end user of this application what will compel me to want to download this app and build your new design and work flows from those questions. Involve family & friends get their feedback.