What happened to the watchOS keypad in watchOS 8 using `WKTextContentType`?

I've tried both WatchKit and SwiftUI and neither offer a keypad in watchOS 8.

I've tried the different types which suggest number pad in the documentation:

The input controller displays a number pad for telephoneNumber, creditCardNumber, oneTimeCode, and postalCode content types.

Is this purposeful or a bug?

Replies

Less "purposeful" than "not covered by the current design." Please file Feedback with your use case so we can consider it in any future plans!

(Also please post the FB number here so we can find it easily. Thank you!)

• Hello, this still isn't supported in WatchOS 9 (was in WatchOS 7 and prior) will this get supported soon or should the docs be updated to reflect it has been deprecated? Thanks, Chris

Add a Comment

Thanks Mr.Frameworks Engineer!

I filled FB9568384 in August 2021. I totally understand. I think what's difficult is the documentation says it should display a number pad and the number pad is used in various Apple applications:

• Settings - Change Passcode
  • Settings - Profile - Phone Number Entry
  • Workout - App Fitness+ Code entry

So it seems to me it's covered somewhere in the current design, just not available to developers in UIKit and SwiftUI regardless of what documentation says. If it is not covered by the current design then the documentation should be updated as well rather mislead developers. Let me know if I should file an additional feedback regarding documentation.

Thanks, Leo