how to summarize websites

I'm trying to make an app that when the user enter an URL the app extract data from the Web Page as a summary, and it's not a specific Web Page as I don't know what the user may enter! I'm not asking for a code but I just want to know the steps that I should follow to do so, just some general info, I don't really know what the process is called so I don't know how to google it.

I tried:

• Using SwiftSoup: Scrape and parse HTML from a URL but it only gives me HTML as an output

Replies

Modern sites will give you the information you need in the meta tags. So as an example, Apple grabs site meta image tiles, description and has a webkit screenshot of a website when you paste a link in iMessage. There’s really no reason you need to something beyond SwiftSoup to parse out the meta tags for you. Really, you can just grab the site meta description for that page and use some favicon or other img meta that the site owner has probable already done.

I’m trying to keep things simple for you since this is an entire field. Unless you’re looking to summarize large amounts of text then you’re going down the road of needing ML.