Launching in-house build on actual devices crashes at launch

I build my iOS app on a machine(build machine- MacMini Xcode 13.2.1) with a valid distribution profile/certificate and upload it to our in-house distribution center (AppCenter) where the other registered devices(test devices) can download & run the app. At some point in the past, something has been changed and all devices after receiving the build and downloading the app, right at the launch time seeing the crash of the app- the log in console says:

error 15:31:47.331479-0500 SpringBoard Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x153da32f0; application<com.myapp.companyname>:> with error: <NSError: 0x280139ec0; domain: RBSRequestErrorDomain; code: 5; reason: "Launch failed."> { NSUnderlyingError = <NSError: 0x280138ea0; domain: NSPOSIXErrorDomain; code: 85>; }

error     16:39:27.769869-0500  SpringBoard       Scene FBSceneManager/sceneID: com.myapp.companyname update failed: <NSError: 0x2820ec360; domain: FBSceneErrorDomain; code: 1 (operation-failed); reason: "Scene update failed."> {
   NSUnderlyingError = <NSError: 0x2820dfc90; domain: FBWorkspaceScene; code: 1; reason: "Client process exited.">;
}

I believe this is something about an invalid certificate that does not let the app launch on other machines. I did a quick test: instead of using my build machine, I used the same distribution profile on another machine and build the same Xcode project and when I upload IPA to AppCenter, the other devices can run the app perfectly. I checked the emebedded.mobileprovision file content from both machines(one that works on all machines, and one that crashes on all machines: that is my build machine) and they look similar (certification date, Identifiers, Developer certificates, entitlements, expiration... ) Any idea what could be wrong? or what other places I can search for the reason for the crash? It's very frustrating!! btw, I tried to remove the cache data, restart the machine,...etc but no luck -seems all builds from the build machine won't be able to run on any devices!

Any help is appreciated, Camron

Replies

I believe I found the root of this issue - I'm trying to find a technical reason for how this had impacted the code signing/crash while all my certificates were valid. I'll post my finding asap.

• Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issue.

• @Camron - Was was the root cause to your issue? I've been trying to resolve a similar problem for days.

• Has any of you found the root cause?

Add a Comment