No factory registered for id CFUUID

I get this error in the console every time I run my app:

[plugin] AddInstanceForFactory: No factory registered for id <CFUUID 0x600001d04c80> F8BB1C28-BAE8-11D6-9C31-00039315CD46

It's SUPER-annoying. While I have audio in my app, the app opens to a view controller with no audio. Audio and Recording both work in my app; zero issues running anything in the app-- just this console error.

Everyone seems to think this error relates to audio, and altho that's likely, why would I get the error before any audio is used, or any viewController with audio capabilities is even called?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of pittsylvania Down vote post of pittsylvania
3.5k views
  • I have the same issue. If the audio output from Sound Preferences is set to Speaker, everything works fine. If however I choose my USB Codec output device, then I see this error.

• You had this problem months ago and I am having it now and have had it for months. I don't see any Apple engineers answering this question or anyone else, for that matter. I am switching to a Microsoft solution available as a Pod since we clearly cannot expect an answer from Apple anytime soon.

Add a Comment

Replies

I do not think this is AV centric. I am getting this in Simulator when click on a text box and on screen keyboard shows up.

My guess is some kind of iOS Simulator to macOS hardware bug/information notice. Everything works fine in Simulator.

macOS 13.1 xCode 14.2

• Nice, but that's besides the point. The console should be free of comments, unless the comment makes sense. Apple should address this an any other issues associated with switching to the M-line chips, as there seems to be LOTS of comments in the console related to M1/M2 era.

This question should've been answered by someone at Apple, or else someone at apple ought to write GOOD verbose and exact comments in the console so developers can address the issue.

Add a Comment